The roof is an important factor in the overall visual appeal of your residence. Choosing the right roof shingles will hinge both the overall esthetics of your residence and the weather where you live.
Orlando Roofing Contractors Guide To Choosing The Right Roofing Material
Your roof should last a number of years, you don’t want to be stuck with a color option or pattern you can’t stand to look at or that doesn’t provide curb appeal. Let’s take a look at what a couple of the aspects that should be taken into account before you decide to purchase roof shingles for your roof repair from Orlando roofing contractors in your area.
According to most Orlando roofing contractors, the type of roof shingles on its own and the color not only affects the esthetics of your residential property, it can also affect its energy efficiency.
The color you go for influences the amount of heat your home retains and absorbs. Go for a lighter colored shingle that will reflect the heat energy if you live in a hotter climate. Darker shingles will absorb and retain heat energy much better if you live in a much cooler climate.
This choice could considerably have an effect on your home heating costs, especially in the frigid Wisconsin winter seasons. For further tips be sure you make contact with professional Orlando roofing contractors for the best solutions.
The color of shingle you decide on should be based upon whether you want your roof to compliment or contrast the rest of the house. Ask most Orlando roofing contractors and they will say that sometimes you want the roof to attract attention and make a statement.
If this holds true, opt to match your shingles to draw attention to color scheme from a detail of the house, landscape gardening or surrounding yard. In other cases, you want your roof to blend and match the same color palette as the rest of your house.
Staying in a neutral color scheme combination is always a safe bet. The color of your roof shingles can also affect how large your house looks. A darker roof often tends to make your home look smaller in size than it actually is. A lighter roof can make it appear much larger.
The appearance of your home’s roof greatly depends upon the variety of building material your roof shingles are constructed of. Each material has it’s advantages and cons. Listed below is a list of several of the more popular building materials that are put to use:
- Asphalt: retain heat energy, more advantageous in chillier weather conditions, wide color selection
- Clay: repels heat, suitable for warmer environments, traditional shades of red or tan
- Wood: resilient, simple to repair, however vulnerable to fire damage and rot
- Slate: completely fire-resistant, natural color tones, remarkably costly and susceptible to breakage
- Metal: environmentally friendly, broad color variety, possibly expensive
There are several other kinds of material and to obtain the most variety of choices, you’ll want to contact skilled Orlando roofing contractors.
Type of Home:
No two houses are exactly the identical, but their designs can quickly be categorized. Your shingles ought to complement the architectural style of your home. Here are popular designs recommended by most Orlando roofing contractors:
- Colonial: Go for a slate-look style of shingles. Stick to the darker colors– grays and blacks with flecks of accent colors generally look most desirable.
- Contemporary/Modern: These houses usually feature clean lines and angles, it is best to reflect this on the roof.
- Craftsman: wood-shake look roof shingles in earth tones
- French Country: With this style of home or apartment, you may do almost anything and it will look good. To stay on the safe side stick to a neutral color palette.
- Mediterranean/Tuscan: Clay roofing tiles in warm browns, reds, and dark grays are wonderful choices to match the style of home.
- Mountain: Keep the traditional theme by picking a wood-shake in all-natural colors.
- Ranch: This style of home often tends to have a sizable roof and has a big effect on the total look of the home. Extensive options in color and design will look good since the ranch style matches a lot of variety.
- Tudor: warm grays and browns that compliment the rest of the house
- Victorian: These ornate homes are paired best with slate-looking roof shingles in a vibrant color such as grays, reds and greens. You want to incorporate contrast with these styles of houses.
Still undecided on which kind and color option of shingle to install on your home? Consult with orlando roofing contractors so they can discuss what options best suit your home.